PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 00:20
pasoundman

Tigs2
Pasoundman, Care to answer me and Cargosales. We are on your side you know!!
You mean about who's staff and who's management ?

I'm surprised you need to ask but here goes.

The pilots (aside from management pilots - well even they may be ok), cabin crew, baggage loaders, check-in staff etc, etc are all 'staff'.

Management are the tossers who have the best paid jobs, you know with nice offices, allegedly determining 'policy' (like how many people to employ - or should that be sack - and where) and how the airline (in this case) is generally run. Whilst the majority of managers are indeed simply employees, there is a quite different culture to management today and it's been getting more pronounded over the years as a brand new kind of idiot called the MBA has made inroads into the business.

Have you never heard of the 'barrow boy' mentality in The City that boomed under Thatcher's auspices ? These guys were notably PROUD of their lack of academic or general educational achievement. And of course, whilst things were rosy, they did Ok as ANYONE would have done !

Now we have a new bunch of similar characters whose only skill in business is in passing a degree called an MBA who are now widely esconced in British businesses and killing them slowly by a thousand cuts and general incompetence. BA is NOT unique by any means, but a high profile project like T5 has exposed them to be the unworthy bunch of ****s they are.

My advice ? Don't trust anyone wearing a smart suit. It's all show you see.