PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting my PPL
Thread: Starting my PPL
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 23:11
Final 3 Greens

a) you made an incorrect statement regarding the purpose of the 161 series

No I did not. I did not make any statement regarding the purpose of the Warrior (151 included, since they OP did not state which series.) What I did say is that I believe there are better ab initio trainers and that the Warrior is a great low powered tourer

b) you contradicted yourself regarding the 152. First stating that in your opinion it was a better trainer than the Warrior, secondly stating that you had less hrs on type than an average student in their first year of training

No I did not. I said I believe it is a better ab initio trainer than the Warrior and that I would let someone else respond to your comments (about that stall spin comparison between the C152 and Warrior)

I made no reference to my hours on type in relation to an average student in their first year of training, I simply made the comparison between my hours on the C152 and your total hours and that I did not feel experienced enough to respond to your comments.

Do you know what ab initio means? Have you learned enough yet (here to learn, not to inform) to appreciate why an aircraft may be a very good choice for some types of training and not for others?