PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 29th Mar 2008, 22:52
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thnx erikN!

I changed the Turboliner a bit
  • The engines are placed closer to the fuselage to improve asymmetric thrust stability during one engine out situations. The vertical stabilizer is enlarged / reshaped for the same reason.
  • Landing gear doors and vertical stabilizer have been corrected from the earlier drawing
  • Biggest change: cross section. I think the cargo belly was unnecessary large for the foreseen use of such an aircraft : short range flights to busy places. Cargo is unimportant here and people prefer hand luggage over check-in luggage. The floor was lowered enabling the luggage bins to be enlarged and the lower fuselage was flattened, resulting in a further reduced frontal area ( lower drag) and more space in the cabin.
  • The APU Silencer was smoothened out and speed brakes added to assist in steep approaches reducing acoustic footprint in populated airport areas.
  • Seat count was increased by 6 seats to 168 in single class 6 abreast, by reducing the seat pitch from 32 to 31 inch. No need to get spoiled .

I think this aircraft would be aimed at the <800 nm market replacing 737-300, A319, BAE146, F100, 717, MD80 and other aircraft used in these markets. Ryanair (and e.g Clickair ) would put in a few more seats..

Other technical details would be:
  • Fly by wire
  • Sidestick (creating room in relative small cockpit)
  • Advanced gust elevation & noise reduction for passenger comfort
  • Glass cockpit, low nose, dual HUD for better situational awareness
  • Two entrance doors with integrated stairs which together with the self towing capability help reduce turnaround times and ground support dependability.