PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 22:47
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The difference between staff and management at BA is clear as day. One lot actually do some work, whilst the other lot just 'lord it' over their employees.
Actually, pasoundman, it isn't clear from where I'm sitting reading this thread. I'm not familiar with BA's set-up / reporting lines so when exactly do staff stop being staff and become management? Could you give us some examples please? I keep hearing that 'management' is to blame for this fiasco but I'm honestly not sure at what level 'management' kicks in.

As an aside, but one which staff AND management of BA might care to note: My mother just returned from one of her regular trips to Oz. In the past she has always flown BA / Qantas but this time she went with Virgin so I quizzed her about the experience. She said that the food on VS was pretty grim compared to BA, that the seat seemed narrower and a bit less comfortable [Airbus vs Boeing I guess?] and the crew were younger and less experienced, if more enthusiastic than she had experienced before.

Me: So I guess you won't be using Virgin again then?
Mum: Oh, I most definitely will use them next time, even if I have to sneak some decent food onboard with me!
Me: Err, why?
Mum: Because with Virgin everything was easy, straightforward and hassle free. It didn't take ages to check in like it does with BA - I didn't have to stand in endless queues, everyone seemed to know what they were doing and I arrived on the aircraft calm and relaxed. Unlike BA where the whole palaver means I'm totally worn out before I've even left the ground.

BA, please take note!