PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting my PPL
Thread: Starting my PPL
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 22:02
Final 3 Greens

so the PA28-161 isn't a good trainer because it does everything that Piper meant it to do to be a good trainer

If you get off your high horse and put your hyperbole to bed for a while, you might try and do some research about Piper trainers.

Piper designed the PA38 to be their ab initio trainer, based on a large scale survey of flight instructors, despite the PA28 having been in production for some time - perhaps you may wonder why they did that?

Now many of us do not particularly like the tommy, but the fact remains that it does exactly what is was designed to do, including providing a sporting stall, a 'student proof' fuel management system and better all round vision.

I'll let someone else respnd to your comments about the C152, as I only have about 50 hours in those and don't feel I know the type well enough to speak about it. (by the way nearly as many hours as you have in total.)

With regards to a cub, it is also a very easy aircraft to fly, you really need to get some experience before being so emphatic.

Hardly any of the PPL course is basic handling anyway

Unbelievable comment, what do you think all the circuit work is?