PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 21:53
Crashed&Burned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I flew out of T4 to Zurich on Wednesday, no probs, all on time and as advertised, and was quite looking forward to returning to the super duper T5.

On Thursady at Zurich, I found my BA return flight was 40 minutes late in arriving at Kloten, hence departing for London, but the arrival at LHR seemed OK until we found we had no stand due to another flight departing late, probably because of the baggage fiasco. We waited nearly an hour as we could not get a set of steps. Looking out at the guy sitting in the cab of the motorised steps, it was clear he had no idea what he was doing and had never driven one before. He turned on the indicators, then the lights and by a process of elimination moved the vehicle to the aircraft.

In the terminal it was the same, no one with a clue as to what to do and very few people who spoke English. The toilets didn't work, nor did the lifts. Trying to get to the 4th floor of the car park, it was necessary to take the stairs due to overcrowding of the single lift which was working.

If I can summarise, everything I experienced was due to untrained staff and incompetent project management. BA take a bow.

C&B