PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 17:02
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me thinks Fastoat is hitting the gin a little cos he seems to be mumbling some total and utter rubbish in my opinion because lets face it, no cabin crew would be seen dead being chatted up by a BA captain!!
But in all seriousness, in my career with BA I have only come across a handful of miserable and unsociable people (either side of the flightdeck) and its all an individual thing. Most of the BA lot are total professionals both onboard and downroute and make very good companions when away from home.

Luoto, I am of the same thinking as you I think. I do not understand why they did not do it in a more stepped process. I feel they would have been better switching all 747 flights over initially as it is easier (or at least you have more time) to turn around a longhaul service and it is at a less hectic pace than shorthaul so it would have given a more seemless switch. Then when all the longhauls are over they should have started on the shorthauls. Just my opinion. But then BA and "sensible" rarely go together in the same sentence!