PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 29th Mar 2008, 15:32
Mike Mercury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just goes to show even Adastral got it wrong on occasion. Interesting quote from TR circa the past, I think we can all see where he's coming from, and how he was motivated in terms of stealing and retaining a command from the BACX boys and girls.

To put my cards on the table, I am mainline, longhaul with a real desire to return to the regions. I will almost certainly take a pay cut to do so! Should that be a problem for anyone? I have to say that from where I am, Hands Solo speaks for many of us.

For those BACE guys already in BHX flying the Embraer, you should be aware that a small minority of your number are already creating a big impact with their arrogant, rude and intolerant attitudes when working with BA cabin crew. Maybe a few of you do have all the qualities for mainline after all .

In fact, come to think of it, I now believe I know who Sergeant Pilot TR is - I recall a certain Secondee snagging the inertial reel on his seatbelt in....hmm, I believe it was Madrid. Long story, but if I recollect correctly, he had it repaired, and then tested in it in front of the gingerbeer so thoroughly that he knackered it completely. Didn't wish to fly home in the locked position, so the aircraft and the sector were grounded for 24 hours while a new belt was flown out. New Captains eh?
And you wonder why they can't run a terminal....... never mind an airline!