PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 29th Mar 2008, 15:17
Mike Mercury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Walter "Tandem" Mitty

You - (Tandemrotor) - also state that "you know what you are talking about because you were there" regarding BACX, a quick look into your history as far back as 2004 i see that you were a member of the queens flying club, therefore you were not there for the full term at least!! but you do say you flew with them? have i really missed something here tandem? Dates dont seem to add up.

Interesting observation bluepilot, I see what you mean. Tandem first appears around 2004, claiming to be an ex SF Chinook pilot. His posts from that era certainly seem a little more measured, controlled and logical than his present ones, but then again, maybe that's what a few years in BA do for you.
What I find remarkable is the consistent cr@p and sh1t he spouts now, because he would have swiftly become and remained the Squadron SLJO on any of the outfits I flew with (Both dark and light blue!) He would never have got much past Pilot Officer rank (or actually even attained a commission) given the degree of maturity he seems to like to display. I find his credibility more than a little strained given that he first appears in 2004, yet somehow claims to have taken part in the BACX/Connect debacle.
Perhaps he was fast-tracked to command having had his qualities recognised by BA management? What do you think?

Still, there are a lot of people on here who pretend, and assume the cloak of careers they wish they'd been good enough for. (But maybe the Air Force still had Sergeant-Pilots in TR's day?)