PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run and Breaks
Thread: Run and Breaks
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2001, 13:49
New Bloke

Hi FNG,

I am just finishing my fallow period during which I just LURK.

Regarding the R & B at North Weald, two points.

A couple of years ago I used to fly from North Weald fairly regularly and I still didn't know what a R & B was.

The other point, I hadn't heard that the R & B that caused the accident was Non-standard. In what way was this Non-standard and do we know why a Non-Standard proceedure flown?

I still maintain that it should not be used. If we say that this procedure has to be used at civil G A Airfields, then it should be included in the PPL syllabus and taught to all pilots. We would need to put another 2 – 3 hours on the PPL (Including NPL). I’m sure we will be thanked for that.

Have a look at the sky, B I G isn’t it. And yet even in the open FIR there are mid-Air collisions. Now think about the sky around an Airport, especially North Weald with Stapleford to the south and Stansted to the North (and above – if you see what I mean). When I go there I want everyone to see me (see various threads about landing lights in the vicinity of Airfields) and I want to see everyone else. To give me half a chance to be able to see everyone else, I need to know where to look for them.

----edit-------

Having just re-read the whole thread two more points.

The guys doing the R & B won't know where to look either, is initial 1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles? Take your pick.

Noisy H. You started off asking for comments, then seemed to get bored with comments not to your liking

---end of edit--------

[ 06 August 2001: Message edited by: New Bloke ]