PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidence / Time Commitiment?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2001, 16:34
poetpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my two pennyworth to all the good stuff that's gone before.....I'm still learning at 740 hours, and still loving it, despite nervousness every now and then (see another thread where some of us discussed this - it's natural and it keeps you on your toes). My big problem is time management & a wife who sees very little of me....I have a job that keeps me away from home all week, and I play in a band most w/e's...(well it pays for the flying....)

Though I have a share in a plane, its a single seater. To stay current on multiseat and to take occasional passengers, I use the club PA28/Grob aircraft. I have trouble booking these, but I've found that the first slot in the morning is much easier to book than any other (both weekends and weekdays). So that's what I go for. This has the double advantage of getting a flight in then having almost a full day free to spend with SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed). Midday slots are a pain - they break up anything else thats planned for the day.

I try to do this with my own aircraft too. And it makes me feel better all day!!! Occasionally I'll use a half day or day to fly out somewhere for the nav & the experience, but I can tell you I'm still not bored localling around - it's still very stimulating and fun.

Keep at it, you reach these plateaus every now and then, both in training and after you get the PPL, but it really is worth it I can assure you!