PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QXC Stapleford - Southend - Norwich - Stapleford
Old 4th Sep 2001, 15:39
Rallye Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

This is the QXC route that I did a couple of years ago. A nicer route than Shoreham-Lydd

That part of East Anglia seems to be all green fields, so tracking the Clacton VOR both ways worked well for me. It also kept me away from Wattisham MATZ.

Call up Norwich when you get past Ipswich. Theyve got radar, so will give you traffic information on your way inbound and are very helpful.

Keep a good look out for gliders from Tibbenham, which should be just off your track on the left.

When you get to Norwich don't be deceived by the cross runway which you'll see as you approach from the south. The main east-west runway becomes apparent when you get a bit closer.

Both Norwich and Southend have got NDBs, so if your 152 has got an ADF you can use that to keep you pointing in the right direction.

Other than that – just enjoy yourself. It's a great feeling when you get back. I did my QXC in G-BOTB, the remains of which are now languishing behind the hangar after someone nosed it in on 22L and burnt it out.

Good luck

RD