PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 00:53
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locblue/mc,
Pls correct me if i'm wrong.Basically,if i have the required funds in my bank in my country of origin(sd56k) and my bank has a singapore branch,then my bank(singapore branch) would be willing to stand guarantor for me for the required amount.Provided of course i deposit or "freeze" the amount in a "fixed term deposit" for the required period.In this case,5 years. Now,IN A CASE LIKE THIS,would'nt the Bank guarantee(alongwith the frozen funds of course....which stay in my name throughout),be sufficient for SIA towards the 'bond'. Well,it worked with my present company.This way the funds are frozen in my name + the bank.BUT the amount also picks up interest over the years....which could be a substantial amount! Which is how I might stand to gain a little bit.IF of course,SIA agrees....

In a word NO! While what you propose is very logical, logic has nothing to do with SQ's position. They want the money in a joint account, with both parties names on the account and they want it in Singapore. You have to understand SQ wants it both ways as they are the 500lb gorilla and you're not.