PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One For The Self Employed Onshore Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 23:14
copter65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess My Salary

FP

With those ratings, and working in the more lucrative South, if you are earning less than 50K a year I would seriously question where you are going in the future.

In my opinion corporate work is FAR FAR better than all this "Rig Sh**" which seems to be everyones idea of "earning the big bucks".......

Eventually a Captain on £75K+, wow....... big deal. Knock off Gordons Slice and your left with about 4 grand a month. And for all that training, skill and determination....... IT'S PATHETIC.

What is it all about. It's OK to say you are doing a job you love, but, the love wears thin if the earnings are strained for the commitment required.

The salaries for instructing are crap because it's so difficult for operators to make money in the CAA over legislated and beaurocratic helicopter world, especially in training.

Whats embarrasing is that instructing seems to be a "stop gap" to better things....... This is also pathetic, because, Instructors should be at the top of the salary scale not the bottom, hence alot of crap instructors out their just "bideing time". TEACHING NOVICE, NERVOUS AND VIRGIN WANABEE PILOTS needs a hell of alot of skill. This skill should be remmunerated.

I cannot see the salaries increasing much in the forseeable future, so if flying is a true passion, and you stick it out, theres always the local pub to get a part time job in to make ends meets!!!!!