PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 21:25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew Wolstenholme 2003

Searching for what google had to tell me about Andrew Wolstenhome, I came across this interesting little Powerpoint presentation , presumably from BAA to some regulatory body.

http://www.baa.com/assets/B2CPortal/..._terminal5.pdf

At that time (2003), Andrew was T5 Construction Director and slide 52 talks about how T5 would learn from other projects (e.g. Denver).
Denver failed "to realise the criticality of the baggage handling system to the overall project in time"

The mitigation for T5 was to have "a highly visible Baggage Team within project governance structure and Independent Project Board"

Another issue would be helped by having "operational expertise integrated into the Project Team."

Andrew appears to have risen to Director of Capital Projects for BAA.

It would be interesting to hear how his mitigation plans worked out since 2003.

Incidentally, I think it unfair to criticise Stephen Nelson as being unable to organise festivities at a brewery. I had the pleasure when he was MD of Guinness UK of him shutting the brewery down for a day and bussing the entire UK workforce to a filmset where we participated in various artistic endeavours (including line-dancing and drumming) culminating in a cringe-making finale where he was presented with a guitar on which he could jam along to us all.