PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 20:59
Splodge2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vino Collapso.....

1. Inadequate staff parking (BAA problem)
2. Inadequate staff numbers for a showcase opening (BA problem)
3. Indequate security staff to screen workers (BAA problem)
4. Baggage backlog due lack of staff, baggage system fails (BA problem)
5. Technical fault with baggage system (BAA problem)
6. Numerous other shortges and failures in equipment and staff (Both BAA and BA)
That reads as inadequate staff by both BAA and BA to ensure any last minute glitches could be coped with.

Vino, I'm blaming this 100% squarely on BA and would answer your points above like this:-

1. How many spaces did BA request BAA to provide for Staff?
3. How many staff did BA tell BAA to resource up for?
5. I dont belive that there was a baggage system fault at all other than one surrounding the lack of BA loaders.
6. How much equipment did BA request from BAA in the first instance?

What acceptance testing of T5 did BA themselves actually undertake? looks to me like none!

My view is that Willy's clowns didnt undertake enough "mass testing" of T5 and left it all to BAA. BAA can only resource up for the figures that BA requested which would obviously have a cost associated with it. I bet BA chipped and chipped away at BAA's charges and ended up buying a Lada rather than an BMW let alone a Rolls Royce!

BA are now a laughing stock and need a big big clear out of managers at all levels in order to change the culture which starts at the board level. Where were the contingency plans? How many BA "managers" got their "hands dirty" and helped the baggage problem.... None I bet!

I feel sorry for BAA who can only work with the information that they are supplied with by BA.

I'm a shareholder of BA and obviously appauled at the total incomptenance of BA and will be asking questions at the AGM if there is any space in the queue or if the company survives that long!! When is the AAIB report on the 777 incident? If the 777 was at fault surely they would have all been grounded by now so I wonder who else can be responsible?

BA forget the grinning cabin crew and smart lounges, get back to basics and provide a quality service for a quality price. Employ some fresh blood and work at the end to end customer experience which starts with flights on time and being able take luggage!

United for me across the pond from now on!