PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Africa Closing Down
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 17:59
Captain Buck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Hah,

Couldn't happen to a nicer pair, though I doubt Barrer Stuff and Smeg would know or respect the difference between a sub peanut and a peanut butter jelly sandwich.

The whole history of this contract in Cameroon and Chad has been one of fraud, incompetence and cock-up from start to finish back from when Schreiner first started it and had to fire a certain manager because of missing money. When boy wonder went there he refused to talk to the CCAA and then wondered why nobody got Cameroonian licences any more (then got promoted to a great job in Brazil). The CHC take over was even more disastrous as they knew that they knew it all and no-one could teach them anything about operating in Africa. (It really helped sending one of Smeggie's chums to Nigeria who couldn't even pass a drug test ). I hope the 2 of them finally get what's been coming to them for a long time. It'll be interesting to see if the recent take-over of CHC by an American company will make them have any real business integrity (and a few executives going to prison normally really helps with that ). I'm hoping to see more revelations and some proper ass-kicking as this plays out.