PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lovely day's flying!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2001, 13:20
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

FNG - Yes, definitely a curse. Now then, what do I need to do to get my first pprune promotion?

Andy, sounds like you handled it well! It must be a lot easier with another pilot on board, like you say. It's nice that you found "my" shower, too! I pity the poor people on the ground under that shower - it must have been in the same place for hours! That's one of the many things I love about being up there, seeing weather like that and knowing that I don't have to be in it - unlike if I was driving, or sitting in my garden.

DOC.400 - didn't get much time to hang around for the party I did see the Pietenpol flying around, followed by a bi-plane (didn't catch what it was, and can't recognise planes too well yet - more practice needed!) doing some gentle aerobatics, but then had to go. (Actually wish I'd stayed, but that's another story...)

Bluebeard - LOL at your DME experience!

You Want It When: you will find plenty more opportunities to amuse your instructor, I'm sure! I managed to turn a spiral dive into an aerobatic manoever in my GFT revision session (hmm - don't recall these PA28s being cleared for inverted flight...)!

FFF
----------

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: FlyingForFun ]