PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 28th Mar 2008, 13:09
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Improving the Turboliner..

Guys, you are making it too easy on me. I didn't want this concept to be trashed & laughed at but a some constructive comments are more then welcome..

Some improvements I think have yet to include (see current configuration above):
  1. Prop - fuselage clearance is large in relation to the size of the vertical stabilizer. Moving the props closer to the c.o.g & reshaping the stabilizer would improve handling during an engine failure at low speed (V1) I think. I'll check what the clearance will be at the A400M & how the vert. stabilizer size compares to other twin props..
  2. Landing gear in the side view is more of the vertical retracting kind. For a aircraft this size it would require a lot of structure / fairings to accomplish a wide enough wheel base. Better adjust it to the more realistic type as can be seen in the front view (e.g. BAE146).
  3. Vert. stab. dissapeared in top view (graphic typo)
  4. Airbrakes. I think aircraft like BAE146 and F100 really benefit from those during steep approaches, any experience? (APU sits in the way though..)
Any comments / ideas to make this concept better / more realistic?

Hinged wings outside of the flaps starting inbetween flaps with the flaperons, any thoughts? Think of the total center wing including engine mounting as one big, composites, stiff section.. combined with electric drive it could park anywhere and create a lot of space / better density on restricted airports (LCY).

Thnx in advance !

Last edited by keesje; 28th Mar 2008 at 16:58. Reason: completion/spelling