PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 13:01
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
green_granite
The companies have caught the disease from this government and it's tax increases, if they can rip the public off so can we attitude.
I don't agree. I think the govt caught the attitude from business! In 1988, I watched my employer (an American merchant bank) introduce Outsourcing. I predicted that quality would fall but, because money was saved, it would be marked a success. It was.

Ten years later and both the old Tory and new Labour govts thought Outsourcing was flavour of the decade.

Ten years on from that (2007) and you are seeing some business' ending their outsourcing and bringing control back inside.

As to the Olympics in 2012 ... I am sad to say that the day they were 'awarded' to the UK, I predicted disaster.

"British Airways has not delivered and we need to deliver," he said. "I am accepting responsibility, the buck stops with me." W.W.
As brakedwell states, WW will not resign. The new fashion is for the CEO/PM to accept responsibility and then carry on as normal. We saw this with Blair so no need to expect any different from a UK company.

Having worked in telecommunications and IT for over 25 years and done many large corporate moves, I am ASTOUNDED to learn that some equipment had to be moved 'live on the night'. You always buy new for Day One and then move the stuff you have to move for Week Two and so on. That is Project Management 1.01

King and Marshall?? You mean the best thing for BA that got them in court for trying to trash a competitor by underhand means? The operational staff of BA deserve better.

Lastly, soooo pleased to hear the Pythons. "Trouble in the middle East and the baggage system at Heathrow."??? We need a 'smiley' for: Rolling On The Floor And Laughing My A$$ Off.