PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lovely day's flying!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2001, 16:27
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Hello FFF: I see that you have succumbed to the curse of pprune. If my plans for next weekend change, I will maybe see you at WW as per email. Glad to hear that you and Andy are enjoying your licences and wish evo7 and bcfc best of luck in getting theirs.

Failed to fly yesterday: weather fine, aircraft serviceable (enjoyed pulling it out of hangar and up hill then pushing it back again), but had forgotten that the world stands still for Formula One: ninety gazillion dollars worth of bizjets and helicopters in and out of OXF, so last thing they needed was puddle jumpers trying to launch off aerobatically into the crowded FIR, and last thing we needed was 19 hrs at the hold followed by help-help-we're-crashing wake turbulence from Challengers and Learjets. Result, another entry in the s*d all column of the logbook, but much friendly banter and beer with co-owner/instructor/mate bloke so still a pleasant enough day. Also never seen so many people with perma-tans and bolted-on shades indoors since last went to the GP itself.

BTW, I must say that I like the new classifications of ppruners as "desperate ppruner" "get a life ppruner", "sad johnnie-no-mates ppruner" etc. etc. I never much cared for being "flight deck qualified" as I neither am nor wish to be so. I much prefer being a lost cause.

Edit: having posted this I see that we are back to the old classifications. Boo hiss.

[ 16 July 2001: Message edited by: FNG ]