PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 09:32
MrSoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catastrophically bad response by BA Mgt

As pax my feeling is I'm proud of the boys and girls on the ground who did their best to mop up this disaster.

Disgusted with the ineptness of BA senior management, from WW to that plank Kirkwood.

What irks me about Kirkwood, is his useless "gate script" apology on TV, 'sincerely regret any inconvenience caused' etc. But there was nothing remotely sincere in the way he said it. He sounded like a provincial gate rep announcing the 4th Flybe cancellation today. One of the things I LOVE about BA c.c. is they manage to make sincere, adult announcements to pax, and talk honestly, instead of the junk-script-by-numbers everyone else does. Obviously beyond the capability of management though. Then, for Kirkplank to turn on his heels and flee, well words fail me.

Chief executive Willie Walsh said: "I am very sorry that the problems have meant that some of our customers did not experience the true potential of this amazing new building"
As a marketing pro this literally disgusts me. Walsh actually still seems to be trying to manipulate language, to put a positive spin on it. As if that is either possible here, or appropriate, when loyal BA staffers came in unpaid to sort out the s**t Exactly how far removed from reality is the BA mgt???????????