PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 09:25
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@NoIffsOrButs,

Altruism and the interest of the profession is not featured in the mindset of any pilot body anywhere in the UK. We all fend for ourselves. Inherent nature of the beast, and the One flaw of all of us that Management uses time and time again to get one over.

But can we make one thing absolutely clear: during the last election for the BACC there was a landslide seismic shift in who runs the council.
A lot of fresh faces came into it and I think you will find that the confidence in what the CC is doing and how it's been done has increased tenfold.

We now are being LEAD. Something that BA desperately could learn from. Not necessarily in charismatic leadership but by disemmination of information. The one thing we pilots always yearn for.

I still dont accept the simplistic view of the BACC and BA riding roughshod. If you dig deep in the archives (like I've done and so could you) , you'll find plenty of guys that were BACX direct entry that where pretty disgusted about their one pilot body and CC and not necessarily pointing the finger at just 'us'. The lack of support and flexing it was genuinely not there it seemed.
I will accept that mistakes have been made and 'self interest' prevailed from 'our' part.

The end game and a lesson to be learnt for the future is that outsourcing will always lead to a lot of strife, the one thing upper management loves. It doesn't matter what company you fly for.