PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 28th Mar 2008, 03:49
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLP forgive me for not being there when the whole BACX saga was unfolding but after doing a bit of research on the subject I've got the distinct impression that the 'mishandling' of it all can definitely NOT be attributed to the average normal BA line pilot.
Too many factors/too many opinions/too many ego's/too many interests....

We're digressing again into a useless discussion because of past skeletons in a very dark closet. Leave it be, just for once.
The only thing we seem best doing as aviators is moaning.
See the threats to Employment and T&C's for what they are.

I for one would like to preserve this job for future generations as something worthwile.
And so do many many of my fellow BA pilots, who display a lot of foresight and guts to take the company on over this.
Of course there is a vested self interest at the heart of it all but intrinsically there is nothing wrong with that. You have to pick your fights carefully if you want a powerful mandate to protect what is yours.
You don't necessarily have to agree, it's a democracy after all.

If you look at how market forces work than most certainly the following rule is true:
if you lower the benchmark then your own company council (if you have one) will find it harder to negotiate a good deal when you are up for improving your lot. Even find to have more downward pressure than up.

I thank anyone who comes out to support us, and do not judge your average BA line pilot on impersonal forum postings. Make your own mind up with the facts that are on the table.

regards
SZ