PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 27th Mar 2008, 22:10
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see others viewpoints perfectly well TLP, but I also know boll*cks when I see it written. I'm sure David Irving firmly believes the Holocaust was exaggerated, but I certainly don't empathise with him or believe his writings. Now I want to make it clear that I am in no way comparing you with the odious Mr Irving, but just because you strongly believe in your view doesn't mean it's right or I should agree or empathise. In all my years on PPRuNe I think I have seen a handful of BACX pilots who had a realistic appraisal of the business situation of BACX, in that it was screwed. Wrong fleet. Too many aircraft. Too many bases. Poor crewing. Poor reliability. Wrong market position. Reliant on wet leasing contracts and monopoly routes for profits. Once the Lo-Cos came along, particularly Easyjet, BACX was a dead man walking. I don't need to tell you that you are not one of those BACX pilots. Perhaps if you, and your CC, had accepted that reality earlier you'd have behaved differently. I can't say I blame you for grasping at the BAR RJ jobs, after all a drowning man will grasp at anything to keep afloat. Just don't try to tell me that just because you are grasping at those jobs means it's right that we should hand them over lock, stock and barrel.