PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spin training in most school is rubbish
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2001, 20:02
Tiger_ Moth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just say that I dont know what the big fuss about stalling is and it shouldnt be compared with spinning. Before I did stalls I thought they were nothing big and would be easy to get out of and now that ive done them I still think that. All that happens is that the nose goes down. If you think about it it would be harder to keep a plane stalled than to unstall it which would probably happen even if you left the controls. I know Tiger Moths are meant to be tame stallers but still.
Spins are completely different, they are like aerobatics. I havent actually covered spins yet but I know what to do, how to get in and out of them and my instructor demonstrated one. It was fun!
I think that its important that spins are taught well because even if you're in something that you dont want to spin you should know how to handle it if it does. An explanation is not good enough.

Has anyone ever heard of a large airliner being spun? That would be a novelty.

And: Do ppls HAVE to be taught and be able to demonstrate getting out of a fully developed spin or not? Or do they only have to be able to prevent a spin?