PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 19:48
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very disappointing start

As an ex BA employee whose wife still works there I feel very sorry for the staff and passengers caught up in this. Make no mistake BA staff are some of the most dedicated and professional I have ever encountered in fifteen years in the industry (and I now work for a rival airline)!

I do know that my wife and countless of her colleagues have yet again turned out ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS UNPAID to help passengers stranded at the terminal - many of them working deep into the night. You don't see it in any other company I can think of, but I have to say that the senior management are in severe danger of losing this goodwill if they continue to amply reward themselves while seeking to hold down the workers terms and conditions.

Like everyone else I want to know where accountability lies for these problems, but it seems to me that much of the blame may lie not with BA but BAA but unfortunately the BBC and other media much prefer to make it all look like BA's fault.

Lets hope that the problems are ironed out asap and simple things like communication are improved - surely it can't be too hard to give passengers instructions on where to go for vouchers, etc via mobile phone text, electronic display board and tannoy. That being so I find seeing so many pax complaining about no information rather puzzling.

Desk-pilot