PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 19:33
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Well said Tiny Tim - spot on!

Yes indeed, it seems there are different definitions of the 'family of BA Airlines'
So they're being handed 757s, we were handed RJs. No difference except the airplane.

Then we have:

I was a regional pilot in the mid 90's. BA (as Highlands and Islands) was flying lots of little routes around the North of the UK with ATP's at the time. Over in the Irish Sea was a little flying outfit called Manx airlines. Run with all the sovereign pride that such an island could muster. I'm sure it was a very good outfit to work for.

During that decade that 'little' Manx airlines became rather large as it was handed all these Highlands and Islands routes (and ATP hulls). It was initially known as British Regional Airlines and later became BACX.

If you want to wind back the clock and whine "Where were you when our bases were closed?". Then wind it back to a time when the shoe was on the other foot!
Well, actually, I was there too. If you remember correctly, lined up alongside your Budgie at Stornoway, Lerwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Unst, Barra, Lerwick, Orkney, Shetland, Wick, Kirkwall and all the rest were Loganair SD3-60s, ATPs, Twin Otters, Islanders, 146s, and even F27s - all part of the Midland Group before, God Help us all, being sold to the "world class" BA Sorry, of course your budgerigar couldn't get into all those places could it? Manx were NOT handed those routes, they were LC routes, which transferred to Manx internally within the Midland group before that airline was sold to the Nigels. Seems to me Logie are still there - after BA pulled out. I suppose the existing Logies should be paying a tithe to BA for their generosity. BA historical accuracy - ILMAO!!!!!

Tinytim, don't believe a word - your recollections of the double dealing, hypocritical, self-serving methods of BACC are spot on. Thanks for the support - whae's like us - damn few, an they're all deid! (They're not working for BA anyway.)