PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair passenger charter - more lies!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 18:50
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Based, you seem to be flying in the face of reason. You seem also to be making a point that Ryanair hasn't stranded passengers, yet they courted notoriety both before EU Regulation 261/2004 regarding cancellation and delay compensation, and after it became effective 17 February 2005.

Not that I have heard of it being as a result of overbooking of course, but I think some of the strandings have resulted in 48 hour delays for planeloads of people even on routes with 2 or more flights per day.

There is also the nonsense of failing to give customers any incentive whatsoever to notify the airline when a ticket is no longer required. And the further nonsense of splashing so many 1p flights around that many customers now seem to use them as a hedge against delays on their original bookings, or indeed simply to give themselves the marvellous almost zero cost flexibility of turning up to any one of a number of flights but totally discarding the rest!

I have also often wondered if their "Web Check'nGo" boarding card printout facility enables someone to enter the departure lounge with a pocketful of inkjeted boarding cards (any of today's date seems to get you through security - not even your passport is checked at Stansted until boarding).

Once through, I imagine you could give those you don't fancy using to anyone you meet so they could chance their arm on a rushed boarding to anywhere! That's what it looks like - could be wrong of course.

This seems to be the opposite extreme to the T5 Fingerprint idea, with one extreme sponsored by Ryanair, and the other by BA!

Mind you, at least the simple model seems to get more people AND their baggage where they want to go at the time they want to be there , notwithstanding that one group must surely contain more illegals?

But with the chaos reigning at T5 tonight I imagine if anyone was mad enough still to be there, they could talk their way into any queue they liked...

The mind boggles.

Last edited by slip and turn; 27th Mar 2008 at 19:01.