PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCFT Bournemouth reviews
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 18:09
windypops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SinBin if your comments are aimed at my post, perhaps you should re-read it.

I did not say that you specifically had been asked to say anything, I’m just passing onto others that this practice occurs (and more than likely from every school).

You also say “How someone with no experience of the level of instruction there can comment on it confuses me. Pure speculation I'm afraid.” Again if this is aimed at me you are very wrong indeed, I have flown, and back seated, and chatted to students (at most of the main providers) and I stand by my comments. It is OK for people to have different opinions and shouldn’t be a cause for “confusion”.

I don’t entirely agree with your comment that training is standardised across the board. If this were the case then every school would be exactly the same as the next, but I think we can all agree that this is not the case. There is a structured syllabus set down by the CAA, and this is monitored closely by regular visits to the schools as well as monitoring pass rates, but each school, and of course each instructor has there own teaching techniques and it is these factors which can make the difference between an “excellent experience” and an “average experience”.

I made it pretty clear that people can have different experiences, and what is right for one is not necessarily right for another individual, please don’t be so offended by the fact my experiences were different from yours.