PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair passenger charter - more lies!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 17:42
Based

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if it happens at an airport where there is only one flight per day or, it's the last flight of the day?
As said above, it is rubbish, not all flight routes have more than one flight a day. It is just a ridiculous argument and totally one-sided.
Lads, do I have to spell it out for you, it doesn't happen in these situations - there's no side taking involved here. I mean are you actually categorically stating you know of a situation where it has?

you genuinely seem to believe that it is fine to oversell because you can hop on one later.
Yes I do, but then so does the entire aviation world! The best part about all this is that it's a very rare event with Ryanair (and essentially all low cost short haul airlines for that matter) and much more common with just about every long haul carrier for example.

Given your perceived bitterness towards the minute possibility of it happening with Ryanair jimworcs, I'm assuming the likes of long haul air travel, where you often have no other option but to wait for the same flight the next day, is something you stay well clear off given the emotional disturbance it could cause.

Going back to initial reason for this thread, it's not that I'm defending what is stated in the passenger charter and saying it's absolutely true, I'm just saying that overbooking is a very rare event with Ryanair and probably one of the last things you should be getting worked up about. Let's put it this way, there's probably more likelihood of you getting a refund for an unused flight than you ever experiencing overbooking!!