PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Armed Forces At Crisis Point
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 17:05
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Fraternal greetings pr00ne. I am no apologist for any party, particularly Mr Cameron's 'lovely boys' (and girls). There is a great deal in what you say of the continual cutting away at Defence over the years. Where my hackles start to rise, and they are in a continual state of rising these days, is Gordo's continual chanting of the sums of our money being expended on Health, Education, Defence etc. Surely the point is not what is spent but how it is spent. We are about to get a major programme scrapped. MRA4, CVAs, Dave, whatever, to once again cap runaway expenditure. So all the money spent to date on that/those programmes will be wasted. Billions gone and nothing to show for it. The same goes for the NHS and schools. Ever more money, yet we have hospitals that should display a health warning at the main door, schools that turn out ever higher numbers and grades of GCSEs to kids that seem to have less and less basic skills like adding and spelling. The size of the forces should be determined by the government to reflect the tasks to be placed upon them. Likewise the scale and quality of their equipment should meet the same requirements. If you feel that any of those parameters have been met then Mr Browne would appreciate having your vox pop on a video he is making because he won't want my contribution.