PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAMS
Thread: NOTAMS
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2001, 13:01
AirScream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Genghis - Awesome! you do not surprise me! Had a dabble with those in my college days and have to admit even got a bit of funding to buy and make an Estes Commanche 3 - 3 stage rocket. Spent hours making it, test flew it on one stage OK, then fitted 3 motors and launched from my homemade launch rig (made from a biscuit tin - hence the name Cape Custard Cream) I heard it go and definately heard the second stage kick in. But that was it - I never saw it again. I hope a young chap found it before it was combined to death.

I have plans for a liquid fuelled motor made from propane cartridges. Might have a go at that, one day as I have access to LOX and a thermos flask!!

I remember that a Hughes 500 helo crashed mysteriously, I think in the States, and the investigators found red model paint streaked accross the windscreen. Investigators proposed that the aircraft lost control attempting to avoid the incoming missile! So heed the NOTAMS.

Has anyone been out to a launch meet in the USA. I have a video of a guy launching a full size model of a Patriot missile in the desert somewhere.

[ 29 August 2001: Message edited by: AirScream ]