PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who flew this Bank Holiday Weekend?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2001, 17:49
arrow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best laid plans!!!....Intended to go to La Rochelle via Deauville to pick up passenger and meet the other 5 aircraft travelling. Get to Blackbushe, pre-flight, draw lines on map, fill out forms etc etc. Then "oh do you need fuel 'JI?", "yes please", "we have run out until early afternoon". Bu**er. OK re-plan direct to La Rochelle whilst thunderstorms overhead Blackbushe. Come afternoon and fuelled up decided I did not really wish to fly all the way to La Roch without a passenger for 3 hours in the heat that we had with CBs around. So decided to give up and have a relaxing weekend instead. Flew to Thruxton Saturday for bite to eat, stayed grounded Sunday due to wx and Monday flew to Headcorn to meet a friend for lunch - relaxed there watching aircraft all afternoon and then back to Blackbushe.

BTW who was flying the all red Jet Provost that overtook me on my left hand side as I was in the turn at Sevenoaks at 2000'?? Waggled wings at me and then did some mild aeros around Clacket Lane services / Kenley area? I hope he still had me in sight whilst he was doing this! My eyes were glued to him - not sure how wise it is to carry out such manoeuvres in that particular piece of congested airspace though - why not go down and practice over Kent away from the zones??

a2