PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 11:48
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually TT, Skippers in Highlands and Islands were paid a rate that was 10% on top of a first officer in mainline. As for left hand seat ATP to any LHS in BA, there were NO grandfather rights and applications were done strictly on seniority. Quite a few of my colleagues ended up going back to the RHS on LH and quite right too!

My point is that we've all had our fair share of shafting from the fickle minded senior management within BA. The fact that your ire is aimed at the BACC, an ever changing set of individuals, some of which you correctly point out chose to move over to the other side of the table, seems petty.

Believe it or not, TT, most pilots within the UK are fed up with harsh style of management that we endure, regardless of what company we work for. Please try to forget any betrayal you feel you have and see this issue as one for the profession. We are the largest body of pilots within BALPA and for once in my career, we have a BACC who have the cahunas to be defiant to the onslaught. This is our last chance in the UK. If we fail we are all f**ked.