PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 27th Mar 2008, 10:23
L_Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks CT7

I get your point about roster "pattern". However, I was reading on an EK thread where they were complaining because they only got 6 days off in a row and only a few got 7,8,9 and only 10% got 10 days off in a row. This does not seem too bad to me so I wanted to get an idea of how you guys are doing in EY.

I don't mind getting some hours. I did 340h last year. About 60 in the last 6 months. In some ways it is heaven on earth to fly that little but I still don't get to be home that much due to poor planning from our roster dep. I get paid more or less the same as you guys but my career is not coming together and I don't want to be stuck on an old aircraft type (MD80) in a small company if we are heading into less favourable times in the near future.

I think that I will like the job in EY. Not sure if my girlfriend can get a qualified job (lawyer) but if she can my main concern will be if we will be happy in Abu Dhabi in general. Short term I am sure we will like it. Long term I don't know. For us it will be all about the friends we make down there and what we will do in our spare time. The climate is certainly nicer than in Sweden.

If I compare what people in CX, EK and EY say in this forum I actually do get the impression that EY pilots are the least disapointed. At least you don't seem to scream as loud as some of the others. :-)