PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Claims of drink spiking on plane
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 10:13
Metro Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claims of drink spiking on plane

I found this at http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

A WOMAN claims her drink was spiked on a Jetstar flight to Thailand.

Former flight attendant Anamaree Correia, 34, told the Seven Network she was on a flight from Sydney to Phuket when her bottle of water was spiked.

She passed out and later woke to find her dress soaked in urine, she said.

Ms Correia said she was sitting near three Australian soldiers on the flight.

Jetstar says it has not received a formal complaint from Ms Correia but will investigate the incident if one is made.

Ms Correia said she was sitting next to a soldier on the flight, with two of his mates in the seats in front.

"They were in the Australian Army based in Sydney," she told Seven.

She had a meal and a small glass of wine at the start of the flight, before going to the bathroom.

"(I) went off to the bathroom and left my water bottle, as everyone does, you don't think anything of it," she said.

She returned to her seat, drank the water and started to feel ill.

"I started feeling this really bizarre hot sensation start from the top of my head," she said.

"I was just completely paralysed and then I passed out."

Ms Correia said when she woke up, more than an hour later, she was dazed and her dress was soaked in urine.

"I was mortified, I was just devastated," she said.

"It was just a big power trip for them.

"This doesn't just happen in nightclubs, it can happen anywhere."

Ms Correia said the Jetstar cabin manager did not encourage her to get the authorities involved.

But Jetstar said Ms Correia was asked during the flight if she wanted to take the matter further and she declined.

A spokesman said the cabin crew's report for the flight recorded a passenger falling ill and being taken to a curtained crew area.

She was offered medical assistance during the flight and when it arrived in Thailand, he said.

"We've received nothing in respect to a formal complaint from the passenger," he said.

"If a complaint is brought forward we will look into the matter expeditiously."