PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - has anyone become an engineer from another background?
Old 27th Mar 2008, 06:59
FIMbar the Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AtlanticAirlines, no problems with anyone retraining and getting the experience the way you are trying. I did not come accross to well but its the college based A and B licence courses I disagree with. Yes the licence is a hard accademic exam but the job is so much more and for me you can only get that in industry. hangar experience is so valuable, I have even come accross some line guys at one airline that couldnt get a pannel off because he couldnt drill a fastener out

Its the airlines responsibility to ensure they have enough trained AND experienced staff, for me a lot of them are not meeting that.

Going back to your origonal post I would think that you would be looked on favourably by most companies as you shown you have the motivation to get up and do something about it. 4 modules in the bank is proof you are serious.

Have you looked at BAMC in Cardiff, or BAMG in Glasgow.Not the best places to work I have heard but I think they take on people from other trades.