PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - National Union of Teachers vote to stop MoD recruitment in Schools
Old 26th Mar 2008, 16:28
doubledolphins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny that the MOD says that they do not recruit in schools. I was recruited in school. But then neither I nor my school were exactly what you would call deprived. As to emphasising the rebuilding and relief work done by the forces, I would sugest the NUT look at the latest adverts for the Green Death. Not much emphasis on pink and fluffy but rather a lot on kill or be killed. Splitbrain is correct.
I have spoken to my year 11 daughter on the subject and after realising that "Captain Ginger" would indeed carry on visiting her school she calmed down. She also tells me that teachers are not allowed to voice an opionion in class. So I guess this vote is just a way of getting around that. An attempt to keep people out of school who will put one side of an argument that some teachers are fundamentally opposed to but would not be able to argue against. If that is true, then what has happened to freedom of speach?