PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 26th Mar 2008, 14:22
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For illustration, compared to existing props the Turboliner is longer wider and faster. Compared to A320 series smaller and lighter. It lacks the container / palet capability of the A320 family and its roomy cabin.

I think together with its semi rectangular fuselage the Turboliner offers just enough width to allow acceptable comfort & stowage for sizeable hand luggage for short haul flights.

The A319s have a wider cabin & belly haul and are able to carry 150 passengers and a healthy cargo load to level 40 quickly, go Mach 0.8, fly over the weather and put everything down 5 hours / 2500nm later. A different requirements but you pay the weight on short passenger operations like e.g. Low Cost Carriers.

Current regional props are better for ground operations, short runways, steep approaches and low fuel consumption but lack speed, climb and capasity.

I think the TurboLiner could combine capasity, fuel efficiency & airfield performance in a noise restricted environment.

-> Anyone know what ATR, Europrop and worn BAE146 operators are thinking about the future?

-> I have seen figures on airport environmental pollution by ground moving / waiting aircraft somewhere, does anybody know where to find this info?