PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st April 1918
Thread: 1st April 1918
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 12:58
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philistines !

GBZ, YOU Vill go on ze list - vot is your name ?

EOSM37, You would find in Star Trek at various stages there are ' Starfleet' ships named ' Hood ' ' Repulse ', 'Renown ' & ' Defiant ', though I admit there's also a ' Yamato ' ( not noticed any German names ) and in the actual ( last ) series ' Enterprise ' the opening credits depict in the evolution of ships / air & space craft a galleon named 'HMS Enterprize' ( sic ) and the weapons officer is portayed as British, from a Royal Navy career.

If that makes me a Trekkie so be it, I'm half Scottish too - just don't dare relate me to Gordon Brown !

The only thing worse than that would be to be linked with Thatcher, beloved of many Ppruners I know but they must have short memories - the defence cuts really started to bite with her, and only the Argentinians saved the Invincible from being sold off - she also vetoed ( excuse the pun ) the British P1216 supersonic V-STOL project which made the JSF look like a Tiger Moth, and along the way did more to ruin UK Ltd manufacturing than Goering could have dreamed of.

I think a 90th Anniversary flypast could - and should - still be managed,

we have Typhoons, F3's & Hawks around don't we ?

As a point aside, I believe the FAA should also be commerorated, or would that be a bit of a sick joke as things stand?...

KAPLA !