PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info For New DEFO
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 03:27
mesaflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mayday911. Thank you for the information. As someone else posted, I do not believe much that my company (Mesa) tells people on their company website and I don't know that I would believe everything that is on the Cathay site.

I am on reserve at Mesa and work about 20 days a bid with 8 days off. Of those 8 days off, about half of them are moved to days I did not bid. My ability to have time to read all the very informative posts here is limited. I was only trying to get some quick answers to some questions I had.

I know alot of people here discourage people from joining CX. However, I am at a company that would make everyone at CX rethink their feelings about where they work. Mesa will take the joy out of flying and make sure your family does not know you, so any place is a step up in my book.

DEFO's get 42 days of vacation a year. I have been at Mesa for 8 and get 3 weeks off a year. Mesa cancelled vacations last year so I only got one week. This year, they have cancelled vacation through May.

This is why I want to work for Cathay. The pay is good, the time off is good, and your planes look SO much better than the rusty, dirty crap that the US carriers are flying.

Wish me luck!

Pete