PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regulations in South America (FAA?)
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 00:31
Nelien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply MartinCh! Very helpful indeed.

First, however, the reason I would choose Uruguay is because I have relatives there and thus would make my living easier, but I will look into Argentina as well considering it's "next door". Also, the language wouldn't be a problem as I speak and read Spanish fluently.

But when it comes to certifications I'm not sure I yet understand it all; for example, if I would to take a CPL in Argentina, would I be able to work as a pilot in the US with it? And vice versa?

Now, regarding the visa's, I'm still researching the matter but my understanding so far is that it can take many years to get your application through, at least for immigrant visa's (referring to the Visa Bulletin). My situation would be to apply for a Family Immigrant Visa considering my father will soon have his Immigrant Visa ready and thus can sponsor me. I know immigration is not the only solution as I can apply for student visas or even tourist visas together with AFSP applications but that will only allow me for short stays in USA (6 months max I believe?). I would prefer longer stays so that I can start working sooner and so I don't have to travel back and forth Sweden and USA too often..

Anyway, let's not get too off-topic here . Again, thanks a lot for the reply!

PS. I don't think it's "unimportant stuff" considering it regards on what continent I will be able to do the training, rather important if you ask me :P

PS2. I lived in Argentina for over 8 years when I was young (<10yrs), but I don't have much connections left there.