PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2008, 23:38
iwhak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vkid.....am really surprised. Firstly, you are so wrong on the regional airports. Yes, under transport 21 there was a sizeable capex programme for badly needed development works. However, outside of this the actual annual support is meagre to say the least.

I think there are a number of people here who genuinely wish to debate Irish national aviation policy, or the lack of it. It would seem that the SNN lobby wish to have that debate, however the only subject allowed is close all potential competition and say nothing negative about SNN. I can understand the emotion in relation to 'your' airport, but please don't hijack a healthy debate, once again this is not anti Shannon, it is actually pro, but asking the question, 'would a different approach reap better rewards?'.

I think you are wrong on Belfast, now that FR are going into George Best, and the difference between Limerick and Cork in terms of a drive is marginal, the problem is however that the route is not big enough for a 189 seater, it is plenty big for a 70 -80, but what airline, there is none, because they are all afraid of FR, again my very point.

I don't know if anybody else read the articles in last week's press concerning future population growth, I haven't had the time but if I can I will dig them out.