PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2008, 17:52
Fork Handles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Housewife and Monty,
I dont work for BA , I have turned down an OS job on principle.

As usual you miss the point but let me get this straight. If I was a BA pilot I am beholden to fly you when you demand under threat of unemployment and banishment to macdonalds. Now who is arrogant here . I smell a manager. You sound like someone who thinks they own a private jet. If you have such a low opinion of pilots why do you fly at all.One minute you trust your life to me and the next Im a ****. Sounds a bit petulant and toy throwing to me. Furthermore if the most respected pilots in the uk industry (selection , ability and pay) are such unprofessional twats because of their stand there is no hope for the rest of us.
I suggest Irish ferries for you rather than flying. Only its not Irish ferries anymore its Polish as is the ship maintenace and chief boat pointer. That is the sort of thing the Pilots are trying to stop. They get a living and you dont get killed by Igor in a BA plane.

You bought your ticket from BA not the pilot.The pilot works for BA and is the last defence between you and an unsafe flight not your beck and call.Ba are dicking the pilots around. The flight doesnt go. Like I said its not a reserve profession and the only arseholes here are the management. I believe you both maybe another manifestation of waterworld.

You have everyright to expect the product you pay for. The fact that the pilot withdraws his service is not the problem. The fact is the Management that insist on cutting to the bone the profession you trust your life to.

Its the pilots actions that will have the immediate affect on your plans but not their fault. This is just the tip of the icebergi n decisions that compromise your safety.