PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors
Thread: Instructors
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2001, 19:31
Final 3 Greens

1toB

I sympathise with your position, as it is very difficult to criticise someone with a higher level of knowledge than oneself.

Firstly, what is the flying club policy about instructors; do they allocate them on a "taxi rank" basis - e.g. whoever is available or if not how is it done? Does this system suit you?

Secondly, you could consider changing to a training organisation who will allocate on istructor to you for as long as feasible, i.e. they sometimes leave or take holidays.

Thirdly, have you considered that the FI may find you difficult to cope with and this may be affecting his performance - FIs are humnan too (or so they tell me!)? No criticism of you implied, but you may be challenging him in a way that makes him uncomfortable - e.g. your have been encouraged to think CPL by your former instructor and this may be a new experience for your new FI.

I am minded to suggest that you join AOPA (if not already a member - its free for students or used to be) and have a chat with them. They are very experienced and sensible people and will be able to offer your a higher level of guidance than me.

Good luck with the rest of your course.

F3G

[This message has been edited by Final 3 Greens (edited 02 July 2001).]