PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Helicopters Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2008, 12:31
Brigitte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow Helicopters Nigeria

Thank you for all the replies, especially Phone Wind and NEO for going into such detail. Having trawled through the recommended links and coupling information from there with facts gleaned from other sources I think I have a fairly good idea of what the place is like and what working there would entail.
My husband’s main reason for considering working there is the rotational pattern to which I could easily match my personal touring schedule, therefore going married accompanied is not an option. Owing to the locations my job takes me I am fully aware of the stinted social life that can exist in such places, which is unfortunately often limited to drinking in bush bars (or the equivalent) crawling with very determined night fighters. Frequently being the only female on site I have seen enough blokes take off with girls and heard my share of "confessions" , but equally know of enough colleagues that (happily) live like monks for the duration of their tour. With this in mind, a minimum of additional infrastructure, especially sports facilities, internet and/or (mobile) telephone connections becomes even more important, hence me asking for these details as well.
The Bristow International site mentions a location in a place called "Snake Island". It is mentioned in the "What’s new..." link but is not listed in Phone Wind’s reply. Does it still exist? What is the place like?
Cheers.
B.