PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Rating or Aeros? Help me decide.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2002, 17:16
Rusty Cessna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Night Rating or Aeros? Help me decide.

Right folks,

Now I have gained a few hours after my PPL, I'm thinking what to do next, night rating is in heavy consideration, something else that I'm thinking about more and more each day is going and doing something very fun, aerobatics.

I've done a few hours of aeros in a 152 Aerobat, and it was ace fun, however now I have a little bit of money tucked away I would like to do it on something bigger, better and with more grunt, I have a yak 52 in mind.

Im looking to do a night rating for the following reasons: Helps if I get caught out, advances my licences, night flying is ace.

Im looking to do some aeros because: It's just immense fun, I've been dreaming about it since I first went flying, I get to (I think) put ticks in boxes for wobbly prop and retractable gear if I do it in a yak, plus its a lot fun!

Really I'm after your thoughts on which to choose, also if I opt for aeros, is it recommended I follow the AOPA course? I do really fancy a go in a YAK, and have looked at Skytrace website, was very impressed, but would you all suggest a YAK or pitts, which is more expensive?

Finally what kind of price are we talking for introduction into the upside down world of aeros. Many thanks and sorry to bring up a thread which has been done before, but I could really do with some advice.

Thanks again, . .Rusty.

P.S The little bit of money tucked away does have a limit, so is the YAK more realistic than a Pitts say?

[ 24 February 2002: Message edited by: Rusty Cessna ]</p>