PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Academy of Australia, YBAF, Brisbane QLD Australia
Old 25th Mar 2008, 01:59
senshi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raising the bar

J-Lyrique/50 cent/p-diddy.. Whilst this site provides the opportunity to voice opinions, it may serve you well to exercise some restraint when it comes to your comments. This is, after all, a "Professional" forum.
Reference your comments about RQAC/AAA and FTA:
1. Yes, RQAC is a business. Matter of fact, they all are.
2. I have heard good reports of AAA from past students (albeit only a couple).
3. FTA a certainly not the organisation that they once were, however there are still some very good instructors there that have done a lot to further the skills of many a pilot.
4. What causes you to distain the CP & instructors to such a level of referring to them as a "bunch of wanks"? I might hasten to add that such comments would offend many pilots that have greatly benefited from the knowledge and professionalism provided by FTA staff members.
5. As already stated, the 150 hours as with all hour minimums are just that. With respect to the issue re the CASA ATO, I believe CASA is looking to reduce the number of ATO's in the country to address the disparity in standards.

Finally, for you and other "youngsters" out there that are still getting the hang of straight and level, I would suggest focusing on your own progression and maintaining professionalism at all times rather than slagging on a public forum. Save that for your MSN messenger or MySpace. You will learn that this industry is very small and only gets smaller as you meet more people.

Best of luck with the rest of your training.

S