PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 23:30
Graviman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations X2 team for being the star of HeliExpo 2008! Thanks also to Peter Grant for giving a clear overview of the project development status. I wish Sikorsky every success with this clever development of the advancing blade concept.

CEFOSKEY, i'm actually glad the fairing wasn't there for all the publicity. Those rotorheads are extremely clever and it would be a shame to hide them. That said, the weathervane fairing is also a very clever development, and i can't wait to see it installed. What was the thinking behind the opposed twin cambered horizontal aerofoils on the patent? Are you trying to ensure flow stability behind the mast, like the doghouse platform on a single rotor mast design? I am also trying to work out what is the function of what looks like cooling fins in the position to be occupied by the fairing? They look a little too complex to just be bearing mounting flanges. Is the weathervane motorised, so that what is seen is a mounting spline?

I also notice the patent helo looks interestingly like an X2 development of S76 - now that would really be something!